Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Chaos Renegade # 8 Blurgle and Blubble

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of my field season at work and time has been tight for painting...but despite being exhausted most nights of the last two weeks I did mange to get one more Renegade done..

...And I'm particularly happy with this figure.

Once again I have deviated from the "normal" color associated with this Renegade...in this case a Nurgle Marine...but I hope you agree that sculpts of this quality can look good even in "unusual" colors.

For this Renegade I fell back on my traditional Blue recipe for the bulk of the armor (I never get tired of painting this blue)...but created a new (to me) yellow-orange for the edging.  I also resorted back to yellow helmet lens which ties him in nicely with the rest of the unit.

Speaking of which...here is the Unit to date...Individual pics below.

I very cleverly came up with this Renegade's name by cramming the words "blue" and "Nurgle together to come up with "Blurgle"...His little Nurgling friend was dubbed "Blubble" by a friend's wife...and it seems very appropriate!

Here are Blurgle and Blubble...

"Say 'Hello' to my little friend!"
This figure was a real pleasure to paint...there is just some much interesting detail.  The quality of the sculpting displayed in this range never ceases to amaze me.

The only other hobby related task I have accomplished over the last couple of week is cleaning, mounting, and priming 14 other Renegades...so...stay tuned for more as I am able...

Cheers,

Blue









5 comments:

  1. I had never thought of these colours for a Nurgle Marine, they work much better tan I could have expected. Pretty nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love when Nurgle models avoid green and this one is just perfect, the blue/orange combo always works. Classy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous work. This one has turned out to be my favorite so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! This project just gets better and better. I need to paint up more 40k to have a go at these guys.

    ReplyDelete