Wednesday, January 16, 2013

December Brush Slave Entry...Something Different

Just another quick update from me today...life still has me by the short and curlies...though I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hope to have more hobby time soon.

For the final monthly challenge over on CDO known as the Brush Slave League I opted to do something a little different.  Back in the 2011 during the Lead Painters League on LAF one of the themed rounds was "Africa" and I choose to paint a team of DAK soldiers.  In pulling this team together I purchased about 20 German infantry from Battle Honors Figures.  The unused figures have been languishing on my shelf sense then.  In an effort to move them along and make some money at the same time I agreed to paint up the rest for a Bloke on LAF who goes by the name of DD-Chris.  DD was kind enough to allow me to use some of the painted figures for the Brush Slave last month.  For 25mm figures they are well sculpted with decent detail.  There was a lot of flash to remove on some of them but still a very cost effective and good looking set of figures.

Here are the three I submitted for the contest.  A machine gun crew and an officer of the DAK.

Rommel's Ground Pounders


Next time I'll be back in more comfortable figure territory.

Cheers,

Blue

4 comments:

  1. Didn't expect to see historical stuff here! Excellent work as per the u. I hope you do well old bean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm full of surprises! :-) The rest of the figures painted for this commission will be used for a future contest entry so I will withhold the photos for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah, that certainly is something different. There's no denying an excellent paint job though. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like them. Nice to see you branching out to a different genre of miniatures.

    ReplyDelete